Avengers A.I. #8
1) Even though the .NOW issues are supposed to be good jumping on points, this issue doesn’t seem like a particularly good one for a first time reader.
2) Like seeing other superheroes show up in the story. The presence of Captain America and Rogue makes it feel like it exists in the same universe as the rest of the Marvel titles.
3) Love the continuing question of whether AIs should be considered life forms.
Loved. Continue reading
Favourite Comics of 2013
This is not a best of 2013 list. Because what I think is best is just my opinion, and even I can admit some of these aren’t what I’d call “best.” What they are, however, are my favourite comics of 2013. So in no particular order, here they are. Continue reading
Animal Man #25
1) Love the fact that this book is still about a superhero who also has a family.
2) The Brother Blood arc is fine, but isn’t drawing me in the way previous storylines did.
3) That ending looks fantastic, but it seemed to come out of nowhere.
Liked a lot. Continue reading
1) Somehow completely serious at the same time as utterly absurd.
2) It’s an issue that includes a bunch of characters I’ve never heard of, but that’s okay, because we’ll be given enough information to figure it out.
3) The back and forth between Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson is exactly what a discussion between two long time friends should sound like.
LOVE. Horrified to discover it will be ending at issue 36. Continue reading
Avengers Assemble #19
Should I admit that I’m not actually reading Infinity? I know enough about it to appreciate this tie-in issue though. It’s character focused rather than event focused, and having a much smaller cast of characters makes it feel a lot more personal. Continue reading