Sorry these mini rambles are so late this week, I was at a convention with limited internet access. That post will be up later this week.
1) Even though it’s an interruption in Zero Year, this was an intriguing look into the future.
2) Love having no idea what’s happening, and getting just enough information to stay interested.
3) Waiting for Batman Eternal to catch up to this story is going to feel like it’s taking eternity. Pun intended.
Liked a lot. Continue reading
All New Invaders #1
1) As someone who isn’t familiar with the Invaders, I appreciated that this was a first issue that didn’t require any previous knowledge of the team.
2) I had expected to see more of the other members of the team. Starting with Jim Hammond was a good idea, but having the more well known members might have helped.
3) Sometimes the faces looked a little… weird.
Liked. Enough to stay on for issue 2 at least. Continue reading
Favourite Comics of 2013
This is not a best of 2013 list. Because what I think is best is just my opinion, and even I can admit some of these aren’t what I’d call “best.” What they are, however, are my favourite comics of 2013. So in no particular order, here they are. Continue reading
Avengers A.I. #7
1) Doombot vs Daredevil is all sorts of brilliant.
2) Didn’t love art, everyone looked slightly bigger than usual.
3) As good as this issue was, it was still an event tie-in that interrupted the ongoing plot.
Liked. Continue reading
1) Wish we’d gotten to “see” the blackout, rather than just being told there was one.
2) Really liked the conversation between Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon. Looking forward to seeing what develops from there.
3) Maybe I’m missing something, but what was the relevance of the words on the helmet at the end?
LOVED. But why on earth was it $4.99? Continue reading
Sorry about the lateness, New York Comic Con may have interfered slightly.
Avengers A.I. #4
There are so many things I want to like about this book, but it’s just not working for me. There are a lot of concepts that aren’t followed through with, or that could be amazing, but just don’t work. And even though there are also some good points, I think I may give this one more issue before I decide to drop it. Continue reading
Ever since it was announced at San Diego Comic-Con that Batman would be appearing in the sequel to Man of Steel, there has been speculation about who would play the newest version of the Dark Knight. And last Thursday evening, the world got its answer.
And the internet exploded. Continue reading